Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 1

Finally am able to sit down and relax after day one of Spring Training. Got started early this morning, 6 to be exact, and got some early work in at the field. Once training started today, we did some running, hitting, and fielding. After lunch, we had a scrimmage for a few hours. I stuck around a few hours after to get my running and some extra swings in before I headed back to the hotel. Once back at the hotel, I decided to head to the gym which happened to be a lot farther than I anticipated, but what can you do. Got my lift in then headed back to the hotel. Went to get some groceries then finally got dinner around 7. Now I am finally back and able to relax before I do it all again tomorrow.

After just a day of playing with these guys, I have started to encounter a lot of different personalities and backgrounds. So far, I have met guys from all over America, Japan, and Latin America. It is really cool to play along side guys like that because even though there is a language barrier with some, the game is universal and understood through all of these cultures. All this after only one day of training. There are about 175 guys here and the only reason I am able to remember names is because it is on everyone's shirt. Off the field, I lost with the names. Also, I have witnessed more accidents, 3, in the past 24 hours than I ever have in California. People drive like crazies down here. Time to relax and watch some TV. Tomorrow brings another day, another opportunity.

Toof

No comments:

Post a Comment