Saturday, February 27, 2010

Season Wrap-up

The Winter League season came to a close for me Wednesday as we won our last game and I finished the season with a .348 AVG, league leading .704 OBP and 13 HBP, .962 fielding pct, with 10 runs, 3 doubles, and 13 walks. Unfortunately that seemed to not be enough to earn a contract to play Independent League this upcoming season. I am hoping that sometime in the near future there will be a team interested in a player of my caliber. 

This trip was a great experience for me. I met so many great people down here and am very grateful for the new friendships I have made. I congratulate all the guys who were offered a contract and wish them the best. I will be playing again sometime soon, it is just a matter of time. The month went by much faster than any of us could have anticipated. The month had its ups and downs but I'm willing to bet the majority of the players here enjoyed the experience as much as I did. Thank you guys again for a great time down here and as far as I'm concerned you are all family. 

To be continued...

Toof

No comments:

Post a Comment